The Tomb of the Sea Witch–Pre-Order Today!
Well, it took a little longer than I had intended, but Amazon pre-orders for The Tomb of the Sea Witch are now live! To celebrate, I’ve given the website a new color scheme inspired by the book’s cover. Behold, le blueness.
Also, here’s a new book trailer. I wasn’t entirely happy with the last one, so I’ve created something a little cooler. Enjoy! (Also, side-note–the music for this trailer is an original composition, the lyrics of which are in the book. The song is actually quite crucial to the plot.)
Private detective Nick Beasley used to be a debunker of magic–and a human being. Then he found out magic is real. The hard way. Now he’s on the run from a powerful council of enchanters who want him dead, along with his little brother Crispin and the renegade enchantress Lady Cordelia Beaumont.
So when Cordelia suggests going undercover at a stronghold of the Council’s power–the Warrengate Academy of Advanced Magic–Nick isn’t exactly thrilled with the idea. Cordelia insists that the school may hold the key to Nick regaining his humanity: an ancient spell created by the Sea Witch from the tale of the Little Mermaid.
But the mission proves to be more complicated than Beaumont and Beasley had expected. An ancient threat is rising from the deep, bringing an army of the dead along with it. Shocking revelations send Nick, Cordelia, and Crispin on a harrowing journey under the sea.
The Sea Witch is not quite as dead as everyone believes…and her secrets will change everything.
Some other things:
- If you’re going to the Realm Makers writers’ conference in Reno next week, look me up! I’ll be there, along with some spiffy paperback copies of both The Beast of Talesend and The Tomb of the Sea Witch. You can be one of the first people to get your hands on Book 2!
- Don’t forget that The Beast of Talesend ebook is on sale for just $0.99 until the end of this month to celebrate the release of Tomb! Here’s a tweet you can share to spread the word:
— Kyle Robert Shultz (@KyleRbrtShultz) July 4, 2017
- You’ll notice that the paperback version of Tomb isn’t available for pre-order yet. It will go live soon. I’m using CreateSpace for this release, and I’m still waiting to hear back from them on the paperback proofs.
- I’m also waiting to hear from Audible about The Beast of Talesend audiobook. Apparently it takes a while for them to get an audio ready for sale, but I still expect it to be finished by the end of the month.
- Another thing you might notice is that I’ve removed the page for Beaumont and Beasley Book 3, The Stroke of Eleven, from the site. This isn’t because I’ve canceled that release; I’m still definitely going to write it. But for spoilery reasons, I will probably have at least one book in between Tomb and that one. Rather than keep postponing the release of The Stroke of Eleven indefinitely, I’ve shelved it for the moment. When the time is right and that story is next on my schedule, then I’ll do an official announcement with all the trimmings.
- As such, there is now a mysterious new Book 3 of Beaumont and Beasley on the horizon. Want to find out more? Read The Tomb of the Sea Witch. The cover will be revealed in the ebook version, along with a teaser for a different project set in the Beaumont and Beasley universe…
And that’s all for now! Looking forward to sharing The Tomb of the Sea Witch with you!