Today, I’ll be catching up on two tags given to me by fellow bloggers. Daley Downing tagged me for The Sunshine Blogger Award, and Jenelle Schmidt tagged me for her “What If…” Fantasy game. Thanks to both these awesome ladies for thinking of me!
The Sunshine Blogger Tag
Who is the one person that is the sunshine in your life?
My mom, who has the best sense of humor of anyone I know. She’s also responsible for encouraging me on my journey towards indie-author-hood, and I will forever be grateful for that.
Do you prefer all happy movies, or occasional sad movies?
Honestly, I don’t care for sad movies. I’ve seen sad films that I “liked” or at least thought were well-crafted, but ultimately I need to feel like there’s some kind of happy ending in the mix in order for something to be worth my valuable viewing time. I don’t have the patience for things that depress me.
What is the one food that always makes you happy?
Pizza. I am a man of simple pleasures.
What is the sunshine on your blog?
All the people who drop in to give me feedback on my posts. I know it takes time to keep up with blogs and that most of my friends are very busy, so I really appreciate them reading and commenting.
What is your favorite wacky “fun” day?
The rare occasions when I take an entire day off from work and just mess around doing all the enjoyable stuff I don’t usually have time to do. That typically involves catching up on my oft-neglected TBR, which is fun.
What is one thing you love about yourself?
This is going to sound pretentious, but I love that my brain keeps coming up with these wacky little stories. They’re fun to write, and they’re starting to make me a little money as well. I appreciate that. Thank you, Brain. *pats himself on the head*
What is one thing you love about the blogging community?
Everyone is supportive and eager to help whenever it’s needed. I’m grateful for all the people who have hosted me on their blogs for interviews and other promotional things, and I’m always happy to return the favor.
What is the one book that made you smile the most?
Most of all, Right Ho, Jeeves. Aside from Wodehouse, My Lady Jane and the works of Terry Pratchett.
Where is your corner of sunshine in your home?
My bedroom gets nice and sunny, especially in the spring and summer. Unfortunately, it also turns into a greenhouse very easily, so I have to keep the blinds closed most of the time to avoid baking.
What is your favorite color or colors?
What is the one movie (or drama) that always makes you happy?
The Emperor’s New Groove. Also, That Darn Cat, Psych, and most episodes of Doctor Who. (I can’t just pick one thing here.)
Since I’m late on this one, I’m not tagging anyone else for it because I’ve lost track of who’s done it and who hasn’t. But if you’re interested, go ahead and do it!
The “What If…” Fantasy Tag
Thank the blogger who tagged you.
Include the graphic somewhere in your post.
Answer the questions.
Tag a few blogger friends – and let them know they’ve been tagged
1. Your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. The cast of the most recent fantasy book you read comes to your assistance… who are they? Will they be helpful?
That would be the cast of The Lady and the Frog from the Pippington Tales. Henry, Evelyn, and Jack would be quite handy in a crisis, I think. Especially Evelyn, who’s a bit more level-headed than either of the guys. Jack would only be useful if he weren’t in frog form, though.
2. You go to bed one evening and wake up in the lair of the villain of the last fairy tale you read, where are you and how do you plan to get out?
That would be Cassandra Astrellar’s creepy mansion (from The Lady and the Frog). If I were trapped in there, I’d probably be a frog, which means I’d be in serious trouble. I would have to hop my way to freedom and try to find a girl to kiss me. Hopefully I’d manage it sometime within the next decade.
3. You are transported into a fantasy realm and given a mythical creature as a companion and best friend… which mythical creature do you get?
I want a hippogriff. They’re definitely my favorite companion creature, and they have so many useful traits. Especially the flying part, which would be awesome.
4. In a strange series of coincidences, you end up needing to take the place of your favorite fantasy hero or heroine. Who are you?
Gifford Dudley from My Lady Jane. I’m just assuming I get his ability to shapeshift into a horse as part of this swap, and that I also get to marry Jane. It’s not fair otherwise.
5. To go along with question #4, now that you are that character, is there anything you would do differently than that character, now that you are running the show?
Be more honest with my wife from the start instead of keeping a whole bunch of secrets from her. Outsmart all the traitors in my midst before they have a chance to put their evil plan into motion. Get control of the horse situation more quickly so that’s not an obstacle to my happiness. And probably take over England as well.
6. If you were yourself in a fantasy novel, what role do you think you would play in the story?
Probably the mysterious trickster figure whom you think is going to be comic relief but turns out to be some immensely powerful figure of myth that saves the day. So basically Yoda, but a lot handsomer.
7. One morning, as you are going about your daily business, you pick up an everyday item and a voice booms in your head with prophetic words about your future. What object is it, and what is your prophecy?
It’s a ballpoint pen, and it says I will write 70 skillion books. I hope it’s telling the truth.
8. You are transported into a magical realm and turned into a mythical beast… what beast/fantasy creature do you want to be?
Dragon, he said without hesitation. I will immediately get to work spewing flame and raining destruction upon the peasantry. I take my role as a legendary monster very seriously.
9. If you could read your way into any fantasy realm, but the catch is that you can never leave, would you? Which realm would you choose?
This may possibly be cheating, but I’d pick the Afterverse because I have some control over things there. XD And yes, given the option, I’d probably agree to go there.
10. As you are going about your normal day, you discover that you have a magical power. What is it?
I would really, really love it to be the ability to travel to alternate dimensions and universes. That would be the best power ever.
I normally don’t tag other people for these things because I always end up leaving somebody out. But this time I’ll go ahead and pick a few people for “What If” at random from the list of blogs I follow (who haven’t already been tagged by other people). However, if you’re not tagged and would like to join in, go ahead!
(Note to tagged peoples: Absolutely no pressure to do this if you’re too busy.)