Aaaand we’re splitting the episode in half again. These things are like Tribbles, I swear. I promise the discussion of my creative process will finally END with the next episode…though hopefully you’ve been enjoying it. 😀
Also, we are back to a weekly release schedule! Part 2 of this episode will be released next Wednesday, April 18.
(BTW, I have no idea why the show notes for the last episode said that this episode would be released on Saturday April 14…sorry for the confusion.)
One more thing–please pardon the brief moments of background noise you’ll hear now and then in this episode. The Puppy was trying to rearrange the furniture behind me. She wants to be an interior decorator when she grows up. (So at least it’s cute background noise.)
Some of the stuff I discuss in this episode:
- The stuff I forgot to discuss in the last episode (paperback pricing and direct sales)
- Why I break all the rules of marketing
- Whether book launches are necessary
- I mean, obviously you have to release the book or none of this will actually happen to begin with, I just mean the heavily-promoted-launch model, and I’ll stop talking now
- The pros, cons, and in-between of paid advertising (and why I choose not to use it at all)
Also, links to resources I mention:
I’m re-tooling the rewards for Patreon supporters this month. More news soon!
Newsletter Signup: http://eepurl.com/cHwAHT