We’re up to double digits! Woot! Now to try for triple. I’m already planning my big hundredth-episode event. (Not really, but I probably should be.)
After last week’s in-depth discussion of how I don’t sell books, I finally talk about how I actually do it–though I’m not promising to make you a brilliant author in twenty-three minutes. I will, however, discuss:
- Why organic marketing is more rewarding than paid advertising
- How to gain new readers via Twitter
- How to get your dentist to buy your books (not really, but if I figure that out I’ll let you know)
- Why you should have an email list even though it might seem counter-intuitive
- How to increase your following by using Facebook groups
- Why writers’ conferences are important
- And, most importantly, why you shouldn’t let marketing scare you away from indie publishing
Note: A couple of these deal with just the fantasy genre, but you can easily find groups for your specific genre if you search on Facebook.
I’m re-tooling the rewards for Patreon supporters this month. More news soon!
Newsletter Signup: http://eepurl.com/cHwAHT