I know I said I was going to do this yesterday, but I got my dates mixed up. Sorry about that.
To wrap up my week of cover reveals, here’s the final cover for Beaumont and Beasley, The Clawthorn Rose.
This book has been through a lot of changes over the past year, but I’ve finally settled on a storyline that I believe will work well and further the overall arc of the series in a fun, exciting way.
However…I’ve realized that I can’t actually tell you what that story is yet. Not without spoiling a really big moment in the end of The Strange Cases of Beaumont and Beasley. Sorry, I thought I could keep it vague, but I just don’t want to risk it.
That being said, though, I can still give you a few teasers!
- This book will tell the story of Anwen and Bastien, first alluded to in The Beast of Talesend.
- Time travel will play an important role. Though there won’t be nearly as much timey-wimeyness as there was in The Stroke of Eleven; this time it’ll just be a straightforward trip to the past.
- Some significant B&B characters do not appear in this book. That doesn’t mean all of them are dead…but it doesn’t mean none of them are, either.
- The main character will most likely come as a surprise.
- The book features a character from Crockett and Crane in a supporting role.
Aaand that’s pretty much all I can tell you, for the moment. The end of Strange Cases will make it pretty clear what the premise of Book 5 will be, and I’ll reveal a full synopsis once Book 4 has been released.
Thanks so much for all your great feedback on my cover reveals this week! I’m looking forward to sharing these next two books with you.